Thursday, April 3, 2008

Something simple

I'm a big fan of simple layouts. Did I say that already??

Maybe it comes from the yearbook editor days, but when there are too many elements on a page, it just looks way too cluttered for me. A simple and clean design is what I always try to go for.

Of course, that means my layouts probably aren't very original, but hey, I never said I was a designer! Just a monkey-crafter! :P

Anyway, here is a card with a simple layout, which can be adapted for virtually any kind of card you want.

For this, I used the versamark watermark pad to add some very faint texture to the background on the white cardstock. You can barely see it, but it's there.

The watermark shows up more in this picture than it does in real life though, because of the light. It's almost like my own designer paper, home made. :) So far I've found that the watermark can be better seen on coloured cardstock, and it is barely noticable on the white, but I haven't used it that much. I'll keep trying new things with it though as I like the effect very much!

As for the images, I love this stamp set. It's aptly named "If the halo fits" from the 2008 Spring-Summer collection of Stampin' Up! So far I've used the angel image for a birthday card, and a get well card, and this one is a thank you card. So versatile! :)

(I'm going to have to figure out how to edit picture sizes.....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, yearbook days!
Simple layouts are always the best! :)

W.