Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas cards


It's December and time is running short for getting those Christmas cards done!

I cheated a little this year and ordered a card kit from Stampin' Up! It helped quite a bit, as I had over 60 cards to make. I can't remember exactly, when I started making my Christmas cards this year, but I was thinking about it in October. Actually, I probably started the first week of November.

Here are some samples of cards that I made..... and each card was different. I made over 60 cards with different designs. No two cards were exactly alike!!


For these cards, I used the stampin spots to make the background. Depending on the colours, you can see that some will create a subtle effect, while others (such as red) will have a bold effect.








I used a brayer to create the background for these cards. It creates an interesting effect....the colour is not as opaque (unless you choose to use the brayer several different times), and it creates a pretty effect for a card that can be very simple (far left), or with more complex elements (centre and right).




For these cards, I used the tree stamp from Lovely As a Tree, which is one of the most versatile stampsets I have. I created layers of trees on this card to create a forest. Only one tree is stamped out with solid (or bolder) colour as the focus.

Variations of this type of card can also use glitter for snow effects, watercolouring, or even embossing.


I love making Christmas cards....I find it a great challenge to make different types of cards with my supplies. I always try to do something different each time. So far, I haven't run out any ideas....

No comments: